Skip to content

General

Hi MovieLens users! We recently launched our first major revision to MovieLens since 2003! Please help us grow in the right direction by giving us thoughtful feedback on the design and functioning of the new user experience.

Ideas, questions, and bug reports are all welcome here.

541 results found

1. Exploring Online Coursework Help in the USA

Are you aware of the growing trend of online coursework help in the USA? As the demand for higher education increases, many students are seeking assistance to manage their academic workload. Online coursework help services have emerged as a practical solution, providing support for a wide range of subjects. These platforms connect students with professional tutors and academic experts who can guide them through their coursework. They offer personalized assistance, ensuring that students understand the material and can complete their assignments effectively. However, it’s essential to choose a reputable service that guarantees quality and maintains academic integrity. What are your…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. fix sign-in screen

It appears that, at least for Chrome, the sign-in page (https://movielens.org/login) thinks that the username is the password and that the password is the username -- just backwards. Can that autofill be fixed please?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Tbilisi State Medical University

After completing the MBBS program, students cannot become doctors in India if they do not pass the NEET Exam. MBBS Fees in Tbilisi State Medical University, 5,60,000 Rupees per year. Without a doubt, Georgia is among the top options for Indian medical students wishing to pursue an MBBS abroad.
    https://educationvibes.in/university/MBBS-Abroad/Tbilisi-State-Medical-University

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. assignment help: Take a Glance Of Our Services

Welcome to Assignment Help, where you can take a glance at our comprehensive range of services designed to support you in your academic endeavors. Our mission is to provide you with the assistance you need to excel in your assignments and coursework. At Assignment for Help, we understand that academic tasks can be challenging and time-consuming. That's why we offer a variety of services to help you tackle any assignment with confidence. Whether you need help with math problems, essay writing, research papers, programming assignments, or any other academic task, we've got you covered. Our team of experienced tutors and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support TV shows too

This Algorithm is great. Please start adding TV shows too because I can't find any sites that provide personalized recommendations using likert scale, Most are using binary which doesn't work as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scan professional critiques reviews for tag words and automatically add them to the movies.

Scan professional critiques reviews for tag words and automatically add them to the movies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. https://theomnibuzz.com/maximizing-space-creative-solutions-for-small-bathroom-renovations/

When it comes to small bathroom renovations, maximizing space is the ultimate goal. These compact sanctuaries often present unique challenges, but with the right creative solutions, even the tiniest of bathrooms can be transformed into functional, stylish, and inviting spaces. Pedini Miami specializes in crafting exquisite, custom-designed bathroom spaces that seamlessly blend functionality with unparalleled style and elegance. In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll explore innovative ideas and techniques that will help you make the most of every square inch, turning your small bathroom into a true oasis of comfort and efficiency. Read to know more about it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Flight Flexibility on Cathay Pacific: Handling the Cancellation Policy

Plans are subject to change, as Cathay pacific cancellation policy is aware. You can easily change your trip plans thanks to our accommodating cancellation policy. We can handle unforeseen circumstances as well as itinerary changes. The knowledge that you can cancel within a predetermined window of time and get a refund will give you piece of mind. Our dedication to achieving client satisfaction guarantees a seamless and stress-free encounter. With Cathay Pacific's easy-to-understand cancellation policy, you can maintain control over your trip and get the flexibility you require. Travel with assurance, knowing that we value your comfort and are aware…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A way to see sub genres

Can there be a way to search a sub genre as the main search rather than a genre as a whole? For example, if I wanted a psychological movie I would be able to see all psychological movies in mystery, horror, thriller, etc and not have to go under each genre separately to look.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dislike

I tried to use the site but it just kept recommending movies I couldn't stand so I deleted my account. I don't know why or what was going on and there was no way to understand why it was recommending movies that didn't match my taste at all.

It should give some feedback so people could understand how their choices give such terrible recommendations. I didn't know what to change to make the recommendations better.

It kept suggesting movies in foreign languages or things such as horror movies when I didn't rate anything like that at all.

Everything it showed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. no way to express dislike

It recommended movies I didn't like but there was no way to express my unhappiness at the bad recommendations. All you can do is hide the recommendation, but that doesn't tell the computer just how much I hate being recommend that and tell it to never recommend things like that again.

There needs to be a button that express dislike of the recommendation not just hiding it. It was saying I would give terrible movies 4 stars and all I could do was hide the recommendation. That was a waste of time, so I deleted the account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. several ratings per movie

It would be good to have several ratings per movie.
    First of all, when I do an assessment I can provide it for how good the main movie idea is, or scenario is, how good the actors play and others. Things that always are the same for all movies. Because sometimes it is a brilliant idea but a bad scenario or bad actors.
    The second one is the assessment main actors. It could be helpful sometimes.
    Another is really helpful in choosing what to watch - assessment per tags added. Like how much it fits comedy or other attached genres.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Minimum Ratings Filter

I thought for filtering purposes that users could filter a minimum amount of ratings required when filtering films. So I go to recommended movies section, and I would only see films with say at least 100 ratings so I not only have a more robust predicted rating but also only seeing films with at least that many ratings.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recommendation-Filtering similar to Youtube Topics

I often watch arthouse movies, but some days I wake up and want some "guilty pleasure" kinda movie.
    Some days I'm sad and want something depressed, the other days something hopeful would be nice.

What I want to say is that people's taste isn't something static. They watch different kinds of movies and their recommendations could reflect this diversity. For implementation there could be something similar to Youtube's Topics Filters on the homepage that could change recommendations based on your mood/topic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extending the advanced search system

The current advanced filtering system is pretty limiting (all/any), and doesn't apply to tags, so filtering for the kind of movies you want to see often requires manual effort. The planned "exclude" will play nicely.

I'd like to propose three directions current genre filtering system can be expanded without being too low level on user or requiring lots of infrastructure.

1. Expanding to tags: I honestly don't know why this is currently not implemented. If this was a thing you could filter things like cyberpunk body horror movies. But to make this even more detailed

2. More granularity than "any/all": Something similar…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. (OUT OF 100) Add an option where user can also rate the movie out of 100

Sometimes I feel like I would rate the movie for example 8.5 there isn't an option to do that. So, please add one. SORRY about the bad grammar if it's wrong.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Developer building Media Server Plugin could use an API... but may not be entirely necessary.

While writing a movie recommendation application using ML.net which I intend on integrating into my Emby Media Server, I realized that access to an API for movie lens would be very helpful.

Currently My Media Server DB will use TMDB ID's to reference provider data for my library. However because MovieLen uses it's own internalIds in the dataset, it would be great to access the TMDB ID to make the connection between the entry in the dataset, and the entry in my own library.

I suppose I could scrape the site to get the TMDB Ids and the MovieLens Ids.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix movie rating from mobile

Every time I try to select movie rating from my phone (android, chrome browser) by clicking on the stars under movie image, I'm being redirected to gerne category of that movie. This happens in movie list page such as "top picks". Its very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add gamification to incentivize new tags that become popular

When I when a user adds a new tag end it later becomes popular, give the user points proportional to how many other people use the same tag for the same movie. Give fewer points to the second and third person who helped the tag move up the list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding TV show recommendations, with a toggle so we can choose between either viewing movies, shows, or both at the same time.

I love movies, but I've been wanting to watch shows lately and would love it if my current movie ratings could be used to predict what shows I would like. I know not everyone would want to see shows be recommend, so I think being able to toggle.

Plus I've been trying to get some friends to start using Movielens but they dislike that you can't rate shows.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28