Skip to content

General

Hi MovieLens users! We recently launched our first major revision to MovieLens since 2003! Please help us grow in the right direction by giving us thoughtful feedback on the design and functioning of the new user experience.

Ideas, questions, and bug reports are all welcome here.

108 results found

1. my ratings disappeared

hello, almost all ratings voted by myself are gone. I voted around 500+ movies but now it only shows around 100.
    What happened?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Follow-up to wrong poster for Nothing Personal (2009)

Sorry, but TMDB (and Movielens) both have the wrong poster for the 2009 movie Nothing Personal. Both sites are displaying the Russian poster for the 2009 film Duplicity, with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Totally different films. IMDB has a correct poster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow filtering by MPAA ratings

MPAA ratings are a key discrimination criteria in determining if I will watch a movie or not. I’d like the ability to filter out rated R, or NC-17 films. This option would greatly enhance the utility of this site for me

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make your surveys intelligent

I did not complete your survey of 10 movies I've not seen because what on earth is the point? "How do you think you would rate these movies"? Why? WHY are you asking this? You are genuinely asking us to flip a coin. How on earth would I know how I would rate movies I've never even heard of? What could possibly be the point of you asking this. AND, assuming I completed the survey, what could possibly be the end goal of you asking me to randomly rate films I've never heard of?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Howdy, I think you discussed this with our research team over email as well. If that wasn’t you please reach out over email and we can discuss this there in more detail.

The short version is that this is a carefully designed experiment which seeks to answer a specific question — answering that question may involve asking about movies which we don’t specifically know if you’ve seen. We understand that can be frustrating, but it is the best way to learn what we’re trying to learn here. I can’t say more here, the concern is that explaining that goal might change your behavior and invalidate the results of the study. We’re happy to discuss this goal more either after the experiment, or if you leave the experiment.

5. is the site down for maintenance?

The site hasn't been working at all for several days - I verified it's not just me with a downforeveryoneorjustme.com search. Is the site coming back?? I really hope so. If not, please make some way for users to export their data once more before it's gone for good.

If it is coming back and this was a planned shutdown, please post that somewhere! Preferably in advance of the shutdown. An email to all users would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. testing

testing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Seeing the feedback item. This email is what it looks like when we change our public status for a recommendation. I can't promise that we have the staffing to follow-though on every recommendation made, but we do try to look at the new ones when we can!

~The MovieLens team!

7. MovieLens is incredible.

The prediction engine is incredibly accurate. It has been on target since I've started using it, often recommending movies I've never heard of, that I end up really liking. Bravo.

Have you thought of using the algorithm in other recommendation contexts? Or open sourcing it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RottenTomatoes

Can you add the RottenTomatoes link like the previous version add? It's the main way for me to evaluate if I really feel like watching that movie or not.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →